Daily, Weekly or Biweekly Visits
HOURLY RATE $40
Activities may include:
- Socialization and conversation
- Friendly daily phone call
- Reading aloud (news articles, short stories, poetry)
- Using an iPad, Zoom, basic computer skills
- Assistance with video chats with loved ones
- Stretching and/or chair exercise
- Outdoor or indoor walks
- Recording life stories
- Favorite hobbies such as painting, gardening, and cooking
- Playing favorite music and singing
- Puzzles, games, cards
Helping when a loved one is moving to a new living situation. This may include:
• Orienting to new environment on arrival
• Walking through new routines
• Introduction to staff and residents
• Helping unpack and arrange belongings
If we are unable to meet in person safely due to Covid-19, Connecting with Seniors can provide virtual activity engagement sessions using a variety of technology-based connections. With a little creativity, almost any activity offered in person can be adapted to a virtual connection.
This is a great alternative to remain actively engaged.
Virtual activities could consist of virtual tours to America’s National Parks, museum tours, national landmarks, gardens or visiting the world’s largest cave, to music concerts and Broadway shows or listening to oral histories at the National Women’s History Museum.
What type of equipment is needed for a virtual activity session?
- Laptop, iPad, tablet, computer or smartphone
If using a laptop, computer, tablet, or smartphone, what app is used for connecting?
- Zoom or Skype
- Google Duo
DUE TO COVID-19, CERTAIN ACTIVITIES WILL BE MODIFIED AND SOCIAL DISTANCING AND MASK-WEARING WILL BE ADHERED TO.